- A new approach to estimate short-term welfare effects of pollinator population changes is proposed.
- Short- and long-term valuation approaches of pollination services are contrasted.
- The approaches are applied to global and German data and a stochastic simulation is performed on the latter.
- Short-term global pollination services are valued at a range midpoint of USD 1 trillion.
- Pollination services in Germany are valued at EUR 3.8 billion in an inter-quartile range of EUR 3.2 to 4.3 billion.
Agricultural pesticide use and its associated environmental harms is widespread throughout much of the world. Efforts to mitigate this harm have largely been focused on reducing pesticide contamination of the water and air, as runoff Weiterlesen…